Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has their 60" economy kit traction bars? Happy with them? My other main question is, are they a 100 percent direct bolt on application? Pics?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Are you refering to the Cognito 60" Bars? Buddy has those, and you do have to weld tabs on the axles and drill in your frame to mount the bars i beleive.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm very happy with mine. They are not bolt on, you have to weld the brackets on the axle and drill the frame for the front mount.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I have them and love then. Weld on the tube and bolt to frame. I can get a pic once it stops raining... Well if it stops raining

Sent from my phone

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Here is pic I took this morning in the dark. And another that shows mounting position on frame.

Sent from my phone

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Who has their 60" economy kit traction bars? Happy with them? My other main question is, are they a 100 percent direct bolt on application? Pics?

Like said above they are a great upgrade and option, the frame side is a bolt on set up where you must drill a couple holes to install to the frame side but the axle side comes with tabs that must be welded on. Any of the 100% bolt on still traction bars we have seen lack in strength at the axle and with axle wrap we have seen the bolt on mounts come loss and even crack the mount or fail all together. We suggest that most people even consider placing a weld at the frame mount as well so there is no movement. Feel free to contact us if you need a set, we have been handling the Cognito brand for years and ship alot of their product.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, the rear axle brackets for the traction bars have to be welded to the housing. It is a very easy install. We weld the axle tabs to the differential then mark and drill the frame for the frame mount.

If you have any additional questions regarding installation contact us.

·
Registered
288 Posts
What's the price, including installation on these traction bars?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts