Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my airdog II this weekend. and I will tell you it was a great mod. Truck runs great now. But I have noticed every now and then when I come off the throttle it tries to idle like my cammed mustang for about 5 seconds then idles normal. It doesn't do it all the time just once or twice here and there. It will idle fine just like it did before I put the pump on. I left it at preset which I was told is 10 PSI. I seen the other thread where the guy was having this issue everytime and a little at idle. So I am asking since this doesn't do it a lot is this ok? I leave to go back to the stan next week and need to have this problem (if this is a problem) taken care of so the wife can drive it care free. Thank you all for your time.
JD

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clearify my truck idles fine never lobed at idle. Just does every now and then coming off of the throttle.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The early trucks will surge if the fuel pressure is to high-- lower to around 8 lbs, and it should be OK.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok and is the adjusting screw on the filter side or water seperator side? and do i turn this screw to the left or right to back pressure off?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Probably left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts