Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
GM Tech
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice to see some life come back to this thread, I was a bit bummed for awhile with the lack of northern Nevada/ California activity.

·
Registered
11 Posts
^^ Yea I just heard of them through Instagram, ha. I was wonderin if anyone on here was a part of it. Their instagram page has a pretty nice Burgandy Dmax on it that ive seen rolling around for awhile now.
Just joined instagram to check it out lol... it is a pretty nice truck. There is a few familiar trucks on there.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
hey fellas, F.N.G here Heyyaa

how the heck are you guys modifying your trucks and passing the wonderful Smog check here in Washoe County?

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Welcome Bud! :drink Hope we don't ever have to smog in GV.

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
hey fellas, F.N.G here Heyyaa

how the heck are you guys modifying your trucks and passing the wonderful Smog check here in Washoe County?
Those with emission deletes, return the truck to its stock form to pass the smog. Once you pass, you return the truck to its deleted form.

Or get a physical address in a non emission county. Clark & Washoe county are the only 2 counties in NV with emissions.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Welcome! :drink

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I try to stay away from Reno during Hot August Nights. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Reno here,, I register in Minden so I don't have the hassle of putting everything back on..

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Hopefully it stay that way too. :thumb

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Reno here,, I register in Minden so I don't have the hassle of putting everything back on..
I sure could use an address down there... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
New guy here. 2006 LLY crew cab on 285s. Just picked it up. Daily driver and looking to get North of 20 MPG year round. Came with an Edge Evolution CS so I'm currently playing with that. Rolling coal, light bars, 20s, flat bills, black socks, and hick-hop and 6" lifts just aren't my thing. This is my first diesel and I'm hoping to take it to 500K miles.

Anyone know if the EGR delete kits will pass Washoe smog?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Welcome, from Sparks!
Washoe can be a pain with emissions, and it's only getting worse. I've been running a hidden blocker plate for the EGR, and have my pcv rerouted. Also, I had to add a 5" cat to my magnaflow exhaust to avoid any issues with the visual portion. I also plan to take mine to half a million, and have been doing any and all mods to see that happen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This truck just passed smog in Feb with no muffler so I wasn't sure how deep they look for a visual. For EGR delete I figured it threw a code and the PCV reroute I figured most people hide with black hose.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
This truck just passed smog in Feb with no muffler so I wasn't sure how deep they look for a visual. For EGR delete I figured it threw a code and the PCV reroute I figured most people hide with black hose.
the muffler wouldn't matter for emissions, the cat though yes. I'd love to fully delete my EGR but I know I'll get called on it...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've read the cat wouldn't matter and it's a visual so they can't even touch/knock it. I'm fine with how it's running. It's just finding out my wife saw pink fluid leaking from my truck that becomes a headache/focus.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I've read the cat wouldn't matter and it's a visual so they can't even touch/knock it. I'm fine with how it's running. It's just finding out my wife saw pink fluid leaking from my truck that becomes a headache/focus.
they will glance under the truck and make sure a cat, or something that looks like it is present. Pink fluid is likely your trans cooler lines leaking. Very very common, and there are several aftermarket remedies.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts