Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is an 89 cavalier z24 that was my first car, i bought it when i was 15. it had a 2.8 v6 in it but that didnt last long. i started building a motor for it right away. its a 3.1l block bored .030 over, ARI stage 3 cam, 1.6 roller rockers, hyper pisons, balanced rotating assembly, polished rods, arp bolts, 3400 top end with ported heads and intake, and a bunch of odds and ends. it was my first car motor and i built it myself. it was pretty quick for a v6. i sold it to my friend who now has it in his cavalier. it likes to eat fox body mustangs and new gt's :rof.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=9182483

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im trying to get a video to show up on here.. use the link for now

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
lol i love all motor vehicles....gives that surprise feeling when you blow by something that normally shouldn't happen...but without the spoilers of a turbo/supercharger

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah you should see the look on guys faces when they get beat by an old cavalier :rof. i actually built the motor for boost. i had a t3/t4 turbo for it but never got around to putting it on. it would have been around 350whp with the turbo. its running like 240ish n/a

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
sweet dude! I LIKE

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
what compression were you running in it?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah it sounds pretty good for a v6 :cool:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
sounds bad ass man!:D i was into the 3800's before i got the duramax

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah my friend has a 97 grand prix gt that we put a sc 3800 in with headers, pulley and some other stuff. he used to just barely hang with me before i put the twins on :neener

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah thats what i thought. have something nice to drive and not have to do alot to. that went out the window real quick :rof. thats a nice scooby too. i always liked sti's

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
yeah took me about 2 months and 20 test drives to decide between the evo and scooby.

Overall ride was better in the wrx i thought.

not that it really mattered as one week after i had it went to all tein suspension

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thats awesome. I have a 2000 GTP 3800 S/C. For what she is shes quick. All I have done is exhaust. The rest is stock. Pretty healthy sounding for a V6. It takes some guys by surprise, who puts exhaust on a Grand Prix?

Will

1 - 16 of 16 Posts