Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waited years to purchase a new D MAX. I bought 1 just the other day, looks like it only gonna get around 225 miles on the clock pulling my 16ft landscaping trailer!! SUX!!! Truck is very strong,very quiet, NO TURBO WHISTLE AT ALL!!! I know they changed the turbo on the LMM, but you cant hear it !! O well, if the mileage does not get better QUICK,I quess I will have to trade it back in on a Cummins, I dont want to but as much as I use the truck, which is daily,SOMETHING has to change!! FUEL MILEAGE STINKS!!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
my 06 LBZ duramax didn't get fuel economy untill it was broke in but i started to get better at 5k and by 20k it had gained almost 4mpg from when i first bought it..stock mpg after 15k miles,12 to 14mpg city driving and 17 to 18mpg on the highway and towing around 7k to 10k pounds roughly 11 to 13mpg depending how fast i went..the only difference detween my 06 and the 07.5 is the body style and the emissions and some computer enhancements..

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Yeah...when I bought mine brand new it shifted hard and got 16MPG on the Highway. But after that we took it on a road trip to SC which was around 1300 miles for me down and back....and on the way home I got 21MPG on the highway. I put bigger tires and a exhaust on it and now it gets 18-19 highway. I would also give it time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts