Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made a 400+ mile trip towin a lil u-haul trailer. After droppin the trailer the truck is very sluggish. I went and had the oil changed and a new fuel filter put on this morning hoping it was that...but no!!! Its slow to come to boost and only hitting 22 max. 03 LB7 with edge w/attitude. 94k miles. Even on stage 4 and 5 its only hitting 22-23 when i know it was around 28-29. Air filter is good. All guages reading correctly. EGTs seem to get higher under normal driving! Checked everything...whats the deal??? HELP please

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Could be a number of things, Hows the coolant level? Is it idleing smooth? Check all the intercooler boots and clamps, make sure none of them are loose or pushing off. 22-24 psi is all you should really see unless you have something done to the waste gate on the truck?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i checked the boots and intercooler. The stock intake tub came alil loose right at the airbox...tightened that up. Still just was not pullin like it should. I swear it was running 28-29psi in stage 5...am i wrong? Seems like the power is better now in stage 4 then 5. Should i check injectors??? Maybe clean the MAF sensor and intake tube since the intake tube was loose??? Thanks for your help. Yes it idles smooth...but takes a while to crank over. About 2 seconds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts