Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
218 Posts
That poor truck

·
Registered
23 Posts
I pitty the guy who buys it after it gets repoed from him.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I guess I don't get it whats the big deal? He just drove through some mud people do worse then that all the time. My truck has to go into 4wd often to get me onto the job site. Heck I drive through deeper water then that a few times a year when we get heavy rains and the roads flood.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is not that driving threw the mud is a big deal it is the fact that he is most likely hitting about 8 grand on the tach for no apparent reason. I travel to oil leases that are the same conditions and in 4 low going nice and easy trying not to spin my tires I think I do a much better job at getting threw the mud. I do not think 4x4 was ment for 8 thou LOL, maybe I am wrong.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yeah, you always know the people who don't know how to drive through the mud, they are the ones that hit it fast... People who make it through the bad stuff, creep.... and if you can't make it, you haven't buried it either!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
hahaha i just like it. but would never put my show max in the mud dude

·
Registered
457 Posts
The OP also doesnt seem to realize that there are different kinds of mud. Some you should crawl thru and some you better be spinning em.

·
Waldo
788 Posts
Apparently texas mud doesn't get as sticky as Ohio mud. I'm just sayin. Heres a pic of my old 03 stuck. I lost my boots to the mud trying to hook up my strap to a dozer. :rof

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Apparently texas mud doesn't get as sticky as Ohio mud. I'm just sayin. Heres a pic of my old 03 stuck. I lost my boots to the mud trying to hook up my strap to a dozer. :rof
Dude, there are prolly 20 different kinds of muds around the state.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ya that's some chitty looking stuff, but you never know what you're gonna get down here. I learned quick when I first started driving that things aren't always what they seem when I parked my truck on what looked like perfectly dry ground and tried to move my truck and hour later and I was sunk....dad ripped me a new one for that

·
Registered
35 Posts
haha sounds like my friends

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Lmao.....80's chevys are meant for beating on in the mud, not 2000's IMO. If your using it for work, it's a different story,becaue yoru most likely being cautious and not careless. Now if your just going out to beat on something and get your truck muddy, hit craigslist up and get a 500 rusted out POS and go muddin. I like keeping my trucks clean, when you do that to them it makes for a long day washing it. Plus these trucks can't take a beating like a straighaxle can.(unless you have spent some money on it)

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Did he say the truck had 301,000HP. I need to get one of those.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's really not that deep and it's more standing water than mud. I would do it, haha.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts