Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Cooper Rugged Trek, Paragon Bed Cover
3,810 Posts
After having the balance checked out, what psi are you running in your tires? What load range are they?

Are you still using the stock shocks? If so, I'd get rid of them for one that is intended for lifted/leveled trucks.

Another thing to try: put a couple hundred pounds in the bed and drive like that. See if it feels different.

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Cooper Rugged Trek, Paragon Bed Cover
3,810 Posts
For a leveling kit the rear of the truck look really high.
Some of us will turn the front down just a bit to leave some rake in the truck with the leveling kit, so that way it sits closer to level when hooked up to a trailer. Not everyone does that, but you'll see it more often with folks who use a lifted or leveled truck to still pull trailers with some weight to them.

·
Super Moderator
3,810 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,810 Posts
Looks like I missed the fun again. The internet always brings out the best that society has to offer....

Guys, everyone with a brain understands a stock truck will almost always ride better than its lifted counterpart. This poster is asking for feedback on why his lifted truck isn't riding as well as previous GM trucks he has lifted.

If your only comment is to tell him that he shouldn't have lifted the truck in the first place, you're not helping the conversation along. Again, that is your personal opinion. Some of us are willing to sacrifice a little ride quality for the sake of appearances that are appealing to us. That is what I meant by saying "Your opinion, not your truck".

OP, I still think your best course to take is to first get some different shocks on the truck. Rancho, Fox, or Bilstein are the big 3 folks talk about on here. Someone else also mentioned King in this thread.

Along with that I'd try running a lower psi in your tires to get some of the bounce out from those. I personally like 60 in the front and 65 in the rear, but I'm running 305/55r20 F rated tires. I don't remember reading what your tires are for load rating so that will make a difference for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts