Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,090 Posts
2nd the motion for shocks. Also, just because you have new keys, you're still using the same torsion bars, and all keys do is allow you to clock the bars at a different angle for more lift. Any time you crank the torsion bars, their rate will change, that's its intended job. This translates to a higher spring rate, as torsion bars are not linear but progressive.
Similar thing for the rear springs, you have a 3500, they come with a heavy duty spring pack made for carrying heavier loads, such as a 5th wheel or goose neck trailer. Expect a bit more stiffness from the rear.
And shocks! You cannot run stock shocks, especially the crappy Ranchos that come with these trucks, and expect a comfortable ride after what you've done.You have done only a few key parts to the suspension, yet expect a great ride, its not gonna happen until you do ALL of the work to the suspension. Lots of threads on shocks here, both covering stock as well as lifted trucks. I would look at ONLY adjustable shocks at this point, as you'll be able to dial in the ride you are expecting from your vehicle. NOrmally I'd say Rancho9000 adjustables, but with the lift and whatever you plan on towing, Kings would probably be a better choice.
Finally, wheels/tires. What load range are those tires? What is your pressure set at? I'd suggest a slightly lower pressure to make up for the stock shocks, 65psi for E tires, try that and see how it feels on the road. Having E tires at a full 80psi will give you a harsher ride, that's just what happens.

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,090 Posts
And just an fyi, playing with those keys will throw the alignment off. Lowering it will add camber and toe if you had an alignment done after the initial lift. If you didn't get an alignment after leveling it when you bought the truck, that's also playing into your bad ride, as raising the height with the keys will give you negative camber and toe.

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,090 Posts
Man, another one gonna get banned today?

Reactions: wydopen731
1 - 3 of 3 Posts