Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned many HD 3/4 tons and 1 ton F350 in the past.
I don't remember hating them as much as I hate driving this 22 Denali 3500.
I am about 10 months into owning the truck
Had it leveled, new upper control arms, Fuel wheels, Nitto Ridge Grappler 35 x 11.50 - 20
Dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow for an oil change and tire rotation.
This truck is stiff and bouncy, feels like the tires are out of round or out of balance.
It is not a pleasure to drive. Every truck I have owned has been leveled with custom wheels and tires.
I am hoping this is just a tire issue. I drove my 2015 2500 Denali for 7 years and didn't really have any complaints.
Is there any hope? looking for insight before I become irrational and just trade it in.
11,000 miles
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What was said above. Leveling a truck by cranking keys is never a good idea for ride quality. Are the shocks extended properly or custom length ones installed? That can make a huge difference also.
The last six 3/4 and 1 ton trucks i have owned have all been lifted or leveled with custom wheels and tires.
I have the new keys and upper control arms that compensate for being leveled.
Have your tires road forced balanced. Ask them for the numbers. Everything i've read said they should come in under 20. I had a set of BFGs that Discount Tire sold me that RF'd 25-40.
Them suckers would shake the pickup around 45-60 mph, not bad, but enough that you KNOW something is not right. Ended up switching to Nitto A/Ts.

Are the newer Dmax's torsion bars still? Cranking them up is a good way to crank down the ride quality.
Good information on the road force balancing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was modified the first week of ownership. It is either progressively getting worse or my ability to cope with it is being diminished. Will see after the tires are checked out, rebalanced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sharp truck. leveled does change things and make it a bit touchier in my opinion to tire balancing. That may solve your issue right there. I tried beads for the first time on my nitto ridge graps same size as yours on a leveled 10 and vibrations come and go. Next set will be force balanced with weights. 35's just have a ton of mass to compensate so any little un-balance seems to be picked up in the seat easier in the truck. I will say this, these ridge grapplers are the hardest tire i've ever felt on the bumps. Stiff. You could try rotating tires see if something moves or feels different.
Thanks for the input. The truck is at the dealership today getting an oil change and tire rotation. Going to have them take some tension out of the torsion bars. Will have to see if it's any better later today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts