Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,074 Posts
And just an fyi, playing with those keys will throw the alignment off. Lowering it will add camber and toe if you had an alignment done after the initial lift. If you didn't get an alignment after leveling it when you bought the truck, that's also playing into your bad ride, as raising the height with the keys will give you negative camber and toe.

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Cooper Rugged Trek, Paragon Bed Cover
3,805 Posts
For a leveling kit the rear of the truck look really high.
Some of us will turn the front down just a bit to leave some rake in the truck with the leveling kit, so that way it sits closer to level when hooked up to a trailer. Not everyone does that, but you'll see it more often with folks who use a lifted or leveled truck to still pull trailers with some weight to them.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I really hope it can be fixed.

but the tires can really mess it all up.

also getting the right alignment can also help. Need a shop that understands what they are doing. Just keep within Chevy spec is not enough.

I got lucky. I am having Rancho first give my truck the level kit they are releasing for 2022. But they also improved the alignment.

next week I get there 3” lift. Cannot wait to see how that works out.

But the road force balancing is a real game changer when dealing with tricky wheel and heavy tires.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some of us will turn the front down just a bit to leave some rake in the truck with the leveling kit, so that way it sits closer to level when hooked up to a trailer. Not everyone does that, but you'll see it more often with folks who use a lifted or leveled truck to still pull trailers with some weight to them.
Same here, I turned the front down slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Cooper Rugged Trek, Paragon Bed Cover
3,805 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 GMC sierra,Denali 3500 L5P
803 Posts
I'm running Fuel 20 inch on my Dually with BF Goodrich XO, and I can sleep with my hands off the wheel if I wanted no issues, it's not the equipment used to balance etc. it's the knowledge of using it!

·
Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,074 Posts
Man, another one gonna get banned today?

Reactions: wydopen731

·
Super Moderator
2,759 Posts
Something in the air today?

@Too many hobbies , we don't conduct ourselves like this on this forum.

Consider yourself warned, and I'll be deleting your offending posts.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have owned many HD 3/4 tons and 1 ton F350 in the past.
I don't remember hating them as much as I hate driving this 22 Denali 3500.
I am about 10 months into owning the truck
Had it leveled, new upper control arms, Fuel wheels, Nitto Ridge Grappler 35 x 11.50 - 20
Dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow for an oil change and tire rotation.
This truck is stiff and bouncy, feels like the tires are out of round or out of balance.
It is not a pleasure to drive. Every truck I have owned has been leveled with custom wheels and tires.
I am hoping this is just a tire issue. I drove my 2015 2500 Denali for 7 years and didn't really have any complaints.
Is there any hope? looking for insight before I become irrational and just trade it in.
11,000 miles
View attachment 1105377
Hard to blame GM when you have changed things including tires, suspension, springs, etc. I have driven several stock 3500 and IMHO they actually ride OK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I heard & read horror stories re: "leveling" with Torsion Keys. I leveled my 2019 3500 single rear with a ReadyLift Kit. After driving it (and despite what the custom 4x4 shop told me), it rode like crap & I realized I needed better shocks. I had Fox Performance Shocks installed and it immediately rode like a dream. I know the last thing you want to do is spend more money, but shocks are relatively inexpensive. If it were my truck, I wouldn't give-up until I replaced the shocks.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Increase spring rates, to increase rise height = decreased ride quality. Huge difference in chassis packages between a K2 and T1 HD GM truck. Add in 20” wheels and yup, it’s not going to ride great. Turn the bars down, run good shocks, set tire pressures for best ride quality and wear, then that’s it.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
I heard & read horror stories re: "leveling" with Torsion Keys. I leveled my 2019 3500 single rear with a ReadyLift Kit. After driving it (and despite what the custom 4x4 shop told me), it rode like crap & I realized I needed better shocks. I had Fox Performance Shocks installed and it immediately rode like a dream. I know the last thing you want to do is spend more money, but shocks are relatively inexpensive. If it were my truck, I wouldn't give-up until I replaced the shocks.
Chief Boats in the house!

Welcome Aboard Shipmate!

Reactions: sambor

·
Registered
'20 High Country
3 Posts
I have a 20 High Country 2500. I have Nitto Terra Grapplers and they are the reason my truck vibrates like crazy. I have leveling kit as you do. The tire shop replaced the tires because they couldn't get them balanced properly. The second set is balanced better, but still vibrates. The ride actually smoothed out some when I changed out the shocks and I installed Bilsteins. Its manageable but still not correct. BTW, yes I drove it with everything stock before the lift and after with no issues until the new Nittos were installed.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
If all else fails, tire truing may be your friend.

Don't ask me how I know........

·
Super Moderator
2,759 Posts
And all the previous responses only prove my previous message. It's ok to disagree. The membership here did it respectfully. Carry on men...

To @SixtiesMuscleCars , we understand you're frustrated, but head the advice above and you'll get that truck to a much happier place in terms of ride quality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2022 2500 leveled with factory wheels and tires. It is nice and smooth.
Also, I’ve had two sets or ridge grapplers. First set great, second set not so much. I bet it’s a tire issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the tire recommendations don't solve the problem, I'd look real hard at the wheels and lug nuts. Hub center, taper centered, collared lugs, I've seen a bunch of shaking and vibrations caused by wheels and/or lug nuts. Bad ass truck and hope you get to the bottom of it. If so, report back.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts