Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well my truck didn't want to start after I went to do an errand. I tried to jump it thinking it was the batteries no luck. I had a bad number 8 glow plug, I changed that and will soon be changing all 8 again in a couple of days since I had to order it. Then I bought new batteries since now it didn't want to crank at all. It worked for one day now it doesn't want to start at all, I mean it cranks but won't turn over. Any ideas what it might be??? Thanks in advance guys

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Try pumping the fuel primer until it's firm, then crank it.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Really sounds like your losing prime, truck is old enough to need a filter head rebuild which is not a difficult or expensive task. Basically your filter head probably has a small air leak which is letting your fuel filter drain down.

·
Registered
674 Posts
"Cranks but won't turn over." Can you clarify.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I primed the fuel filter and there was bubbles before it was good so I'm thinking there's a leak. Maybe a bad or cracked filter housing, I'm not sure.
Sorry bout the whole crank but won't turn over, what I meant was it crank but won't start. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.