Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Chevy K3500 dually, appr. 145K on her.

She has a few issues right now...

1. Check engine light woes. It comes on very randomly and when checked and codes read, problem areas looked at by mechanic and the parts are fine.

Most recent issue with the CEL was about 3 weeks ago. Started up truck after been sitting for 2 weeks...she is not a daily driver...everything was fine,drove about 25 miles, stopped for fuel, restarted, no glow plug light BUT CEL was on. Drove some more, stopped, restarted...no glow plug light...thought that since it was 115* out that it was ok, but CEL on. Drove home. Drove again week later...CEL on and glow plug light came on. Had the mechanic read the code....do not remember what it was, sorry, reset...drove home. Drove it the next week....CEL came on once truck was started. Been on since.

The CEL has been on before and before this last issue, the code was for the Turbo Sensor and it was replaced....turbo is fine. Replaced fuel filter...pump is fine.

We are planning on changing the glow plug relay and all the plugs.

2. She seems to be sluggish. About 2 months ago, my hubs hauled a 9500# horse trailer up to Prescott...she seemed to be very sluggish. No real power to haul.

When driving without a trailer, she seems sluggish without a load.

We are getting into horse hauling season here in AZ and I want my truck to pull us up the mountains here in AZ...

Any insight will be helpful.

thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pulled the 'code' that it keeps throwing...Turbo sensor...BUT it has been replaced and in working order AND the Turbo itself is fine...Soooooooooooooooooooo....

Anyone have any ideas? Many lookers but no insight.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Do you have boost gauges-? You might have a leak in the boost side and that will result in power loss.

There are a few 6.5 trucks here, but most hang at our sister site-- Dieselplace.com. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts