Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new here...of course. I just purchased a 2008 Chevy 2500HD last night. This is the second diesel in my corral. I am in love with this truck already. In fact she is at the shop getting a 6" Tough Country lift and 35" tires as we speak. MAN, I can't wait.

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
Welcome to the df! Let's see some pics of both rigs :rockin

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I live in Mountain Home. Here is a pic of how she looked last night. Absolutely love the color!

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know right!! It has been fairly unmolested. Odometer reads a mere 42,800! It has, apparently, a 5" DPF back exhaust (still need to check to make sure) and a hideaway goose neck hitch in the bed. Other than that she was stock. I can't wait until I get her back with the lift and rims.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to DF. Going to look sweet with a lift and new rims/tires. Post up some pics when you get it back.

If I can ever be of assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I can tell already that this forum will be a HUGE help, just like the Land Cruiser site i frequent.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Didn't take you long to start the mods

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum...Didn't take you long to start the mods
I suppose it didn't. First thing we didn't like about the truck was the small tires. This is a big truck...big trucks deserve big tires. The wife says "the tires are too small" and I say OK, let's fix it then. Factory height doesn't allow 33"s without some sort of lift and I wasn't going to do the torsion bar crank or leveling kit with the torsion keys due to the rough ride. So the lift idea was born. Truthfully, it was what I wanted anyway. Plus it didn't hurt we had REALLY good equity on our trade-in and we got what I feel was one helluva good deal on the truck. Hopefully she will be done today!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got the lift

Here she is in all her glory. 6" Tough Country with 35" Toyo's and 17" MHT Octane wheels. She rides NICE!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts