Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've gotten myself into a little pickle here. When I started my head gasket project (with the truck in the garage), I pulled the engine and most of everything else in that engine bay (for cleaning) and I did it all with the windows down.

Now I park the truck outside and we actually have a rain storm coming to Southern California if you can believe it.

How do I get the windows back up??

Thanks
Sven

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Is the fuse box still intact? If so, hook the battery up and use the window buttons.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuse box is still there. Won't hurt anything to have batteries connected and turn the key forward with no engine?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
No. You may get some codes but you can clear those later. If you have a lift pump be sure to unplug it so it doesn't shoot fuel out of the lines.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You may have to attach the ground wires that normally go to the engine to the frame.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Plastic bag with duct tape in a pinch haha

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
there should be no damage in powering the truck up with out the engine so long as you hook grounds to grounds 12v to 12v and dont do anything really stupid in the process (like rest a 12V cable on a computer case) you will almost certainly have a pile of codes to clear however, but i cant think of any reason it would cause damage. you only need the key in on to operate the windows, and you only need 1 battery, though you MUST cap the other 12V wire as they run in parallel and ALL 12v wires will be hot with 1 battery installed.

dont lock the keys in the truck when your done......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts