Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i lifted my truck everything under stands out, Frame , axle , leafs , A arms.
I want to hit everything i mention with a can of bed spray from rust-oleum. Anyone have pics of their work and how it came out? I dont want to spend money on powder coating it .
Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I spray everything down with Rust Tough paint about once a year. Semi flat black.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess i will be embarking on this journey tomorrow along with waxing my rims

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Not currently. My truck is quite dirty now and won't be cleaned until spring. It just looks like a black frame and whatnot. Looks great compared to the surface rust.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not currently. My truck is quite dirty now and won't be cleaned until spring. It just looks like a black frame and whatnot. Looks great compared to the surface rust.
i will post pics tomorrow so we cam see how it compaires to yours

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I've read multiple places that people have had really good luck with POR-15 gloss black paint/rust inhibitor in the salt belt. I have two quarts of it in my garage myself and i haven't got to use it yet.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i finallt used somw spraycan bedliner spray (rusoleum)
turned out great now i hope its durable! would i have any problems doing it to my driveshaft?

·
Registered
35 Posts
por-15 works really well and lasts. pricey but is well worth it

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Looks really good!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Looks great! Up north we oil spray our trucks and that keeps our frames black.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts