Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was backing my 08 Duramax back into the garage and when I cranked the wheel around to get it close to the wall (my wife needs all the room I can give her to park) I had a series of messages come up on the DIC. First was SERVICE AIR BAG SYSTEM, then SERVICE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, and then I got SERVICE TPMS SYSTEM. I then shut the truck down and within a couple seconds the sound system turned off. It does not do that normally until I open the driver door. I left the truck off for a few seconds then cranked it up again. The only message that posted was the SERVICE TPMS SYSTEM and had the low tire pressure indicator light. I ran through the DIC to get to the individual tire pressures and they were all dashed out. I shut the truck down again and went inside the house. Came back out 30 minutes later and started the truck again. All normal and no DIC messages and each tire pressure read normally. I was raining outside but not heavy by any means. Is there a common thing like a connector that is susceptible to moisture that would tie all this together? Anyone less see something simular? Thanks in advance, Dean

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,515 Posts
Do you have any evidence of water damage to the headliner or puddles in the floor? Maybe bcm got wet or something possibly? A leaky third brake light seal can let water in and it can run all the way to the front and down the A-pillar, then get things under the dash wet. It's happened more than once, so might be something to check

1 - 3 of 3 Posts