Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm kind of lost on what I should do next to the truck (see sig for whats installed). I'm not looking to get a tranny yet, and probably not a fuel pump either. Right now I have about $500 but I'm debating on just holding on to it and saving for something, but not sure on what to add?? Gimme some ideas on what ya think I need

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Put $130 with your $500 and get an Airdog 165

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it really worth it to have it??? I'm not gonna be doing any racing and only a little bit of towing

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I'm not sure LOL. Mines been hanging on my frame rail for several months now not even hooked up. I couldn't get the fancy little clips loose on top of my tank to plumb it up, so I got pissed off and quit messing with it, now I'm waiting on cool weather to finish the Airdog install and put on my manifolds and up-pipes. From everything I've read, it's worth every penny. Better throttle response, easier and cheaper filter changes, and most claim better mileage

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
on a side note...if I do get the ADII what would be the interval for changing the stock fuel filter??

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
The only reason I plan on leaving mine is in case a fuel line between the pump and cp3 comes apart, just as a last line of defense. The micron rating on the Airdog filters are way better than the factory filters, so anything that gets past the Airdog filters is too small for the factory filter to catch anyhow, should never need changed again unless a fuel line gives out

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome!! that helps out a lot. Not to mention saves some busted knuckles taking the old one out

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Post some pics up of the truck maybe? Or were you thinking strictly performance modifications?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Post some pics up of the truck maybe? Or were you thinking strictly performance modifications?
not sure:rof I'll see if I can get some pics up when I get home

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok here we go..

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Black N-fab step bars and tow mirrors :drink

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I'd go with tow mirrors definitely, i don't think its anywhere near tall enough to need the steps.. but its a personal thing.

tow mirrors
profab dp

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea I may end up getting the mirrors... I do like the NFAB's but I don't know if I want to spend that amount of money on steps when it's not that tall

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Wow...really guys? Honestly, IMO.....get yourself a set of wheels!! I will say it over and over again but aftermarket wheels can make a truck look 100X different. Wheels!!!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess I could find some wider 16 inch wheels. I just got the tires so I can't get rid of them... I used to have some 20's and trail graps, but it just didn't feel right. Here's what it used to look like

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
What'd you do with the 20" Hoss's. That looks like a completely different truck. Maybe 18's next?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What'd you do with the 20" Hoss's. That looks like a completely different truck. Maybe 18's next?
yea I got rid of them after about a week or so. It really felt like it added A LOT of weight. It just feels a lot more nimble (as much as a truck be) with the stockers on.. Those things are EXTREMELY light

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Wow... looked like an awesome setup. But you can probably find some decent black wheels in 16s.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts