Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is an nsdu switch. And what are some symptoms of it going bad? Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
It is "NSBU" switch-- "Neutral Safety Back Up".

The switch is attached to the driver's side of the trans, and is operated by the shift lever/shaft. It tells the TCM Transmission Control Module what gear the trans is in. In addition it is the contacts to make sure you can only start in Park or Neutral-- and operate the Back Up lights.

Being exposed to the weather elements, it can get contaminated by water, dirt, salt, ice and snow. If it shorts, it may display Shift Range Inhibited-[common problem], or may not operate the starter or affect the shifting of the trans.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks hang on im about to check the code then ill tell u the story on what its doing

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive got a p0700 tcm, tcm has detected an emission related fault
p0776 clutch pressure control solenoid 2 stuck off. Tcm has detected an incorrect ratio when the 3 to 5the gear ratio is commanded.
any help on what i got goin on?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i got the same code when i limped mine, after getting on it a little to hard with O/D locked out.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did u fix it?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
cleared it :rofl In my case its time for a trans build. its been limped to many times

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i think it may be time too
Buutttttt does this mean my trans is junk or can i fix this issue? Until i build it. I can clear the code and it doesnt take long til it does it again.. usually when it shifts inti 3rd it feels like its majorly slipping then it cuts out quick and comes back stuck in 3rdgear witg the check engine light on and those are the codes i got and i need my truck every day just to go to the yard then i get in my company truck. Soi drive mine about 50to miles a day and thus is getting old

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Could be the soleniod is bad, not suppling enough line pressure. but this is just my best guess, hopefully a allision expert will chime in.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol well im waitin for one.. i can spare it for a few days to havr a shop fix it. Im workin outta town so it sicks

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone? Come on guys i need some quick help lol

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right on.. thanks for the support.. um bump....does that get a response? Or do i need a more retarded thread title than i already have

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump. Id like to find out a good solution to my problem if any one has heard of this problem

·
Registered
416 Posts
Most likely burnt clutches, Not a expert on Allisons, But worked on a few...That code is not good!

Info on the code.....

P0776 Pressure Control Solenoid 'B' Stuck Off

Possible Causes
•ATF level is low, or the fluid is burnt or contaminated
•Inspect for a stuck or sticking trim valve in control valve body
•Control valve solenoid is damaged and needs replacement
•Transmission requires an overhaul

Engine running; system voltage from 9-18v, Output speed over 125 rpm, Turbine speed over 60 rpm, and the TCM detected an incorrect oncoming ratio, during a forward range shift, for an accumulated number of occurrences. The Trim B solenoid is used to control oncoming, off-going, and holding pressure to any one of the five clutches. This solenoid is called a pressure proportional to current (PPC) solenoid since the output hydraulic pressure supplied by this solenoid is proportional to the controlled current command.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Bump. Id like to find out a good solution to my problem if any one has heard of this problem
Drop the power back to stock or build the trans. No magic wand here. Probably too late to drop the power.
I always get a kick out of you guys that spend the money for power and everything else and when the Alli limps you say WTF.:rolleyes:

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
You have a thread from a month ago saying you limped it racing someone so how does it limping again come as a surprise to you?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
You have a thread from a month ago saying you limped it racing someone so how does it limping again come as a surprise to you?
You can't fix stupid. You keep repeating the same stupid mistake and hope for different results. Sounds like an Obama voter.:cookoo[1]:

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
You can't fix stupid. You keep repeating the same stupid mistake and hope for different results. Sounds like an Obama voter.:cookoo[1]:
:thumb :rof

1 - 18 of 18 Posts