Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

It's a question that is really for my father. He just retired and bought a 2005 2500HD crewcab long bed and a 39' 5th. He wants to get more mpg out of his truck, but doesn't want to put any performance mods on for fear that it will void his warranty. I need to know if any of you have had any problems with the dealership and warranty stuff after you put on performace stuff, ie..Banks, Superchips, EFIlive, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
:gearjamin

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
My dealer sold me my truck with a programmer on it....I would just take it off before going to the dealer. Out of sight out of mind. Your best bet would be for EFI live or a handheld programmer since all you have to do is download the program out of it.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
For a good cost efective eaasy to use milage tuner i would go with a Diablo Sport Predator! On a 60 hp tune u should see atleas a 1-2 mpg increase, but all depending on your driving style! ANd the predator also has some good power on the top settings should you feel the need to play!!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Anymore it seems GM doesn't want to honor any warranty, I'm more curious as to how he got a warranty on an 05....did he pay extra for one?

But really the only way to get better MPG that is cost efficient is to "play" with tuning.

Granted he could install and intake and exhaust and get a bit better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts