Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what type of o rings are used for the fuel filter? Specifically the small one? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Does anyone know what type of o rings are used for the fuel filter? Specifically the small one? Thanks!

type as in material? more than likely Buna-N nitrile rubber. Regardless, a Buna-N seal would meet the chemical and temperature requirements for that application.

There are rebuild kits you can get that include all the required seals of the correct size and material though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for an intelligent reply. I am somehow tearing up the small one.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Yes. I was trying to install the filter upside down.

If you just need to replace the 1 oring and dont want to buy the whole set you can measure the diameter of the oring and the thickness of the oring and buy one locally or online. There not specialty parts, there just cookie cutter seals made by the millions. Just make sure to get the measurements right and youll be fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you just need to replace the 1 oring and dont want to buy the whole set you can measure the diameter of the oring and the thickness of the oring and buy one locally or online. There not specialty parts, there just cookie cutter seals made by the millions. Just make sure to get the measurements right and youll be fine.
Yeah I was trying to do that but it was too much of a pain. I went to Napa, got another kit for 20$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts