Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after replacing all 8 injectors, lines, and putting in a new fuel filter, my truck runs great, as long as it gets out of the driveway. Once every 3 or 4 times I start it up, it will die before I even shift out of park, or while I'm backing up out of the driveway.

The only way I can get it to restart after dying is by backing out the bleeder screw on the FF housing and pumping the primer, like I would if I ran out of diesel.

Anyone have any idea what may be going on?

·
Vendor
2,279 Posts
Sounds like air is getting into the fuel lines from somewhere.

Since the fuel is sucked the whole way from the tank to the engine by the CP3, you will not see a fuel leak, but air will get sucked into the fuel line if there is a leak anywhere.

I am guessing the new fuel filter o-ring is not sealing correctly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check the seating of the o ring on the FF in the morning. I lost the original plastic bleeder screw in the process of taking everything apart/putting it back together and the new one I got from the stealership never wanted to sit correctly... Like it was cross threaded or something. I have a new billet one from MA on the way. Could this be a problem even if it is screwed down tightly?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Might want to check where your fuel lines connect(You pulled them away to replace injectors on drivers side). I've seen guys push these lines around and get them penched in some spots. Just something to check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts