Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to deem the camera unusable. When I bout the 2018 GMC Denali new, I had them install the brake light camera. It's supposed to work by pushing the home button 10 seconds after in reverse, but it will switch sometimes and sometimes it won't. I almost always wait 5 seconds before I start counting. Then if I have to pull up and re-position to the hitch, I have to wait another 15 seconds. I have gotten to the point, it's just easier to get out of the truck and look. I complained to the dealer early on, but they said there was nothing they could do. I wonder if the MFG (I can't remember who it is) might offer help? Maybe there is a software update. Anyone else have the same experience?
TIA. Rick

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
It's intellihaul/echomaster, there is a switch sold by MVI for $125.

"VIDEO TOGGLE SWITCH- FOR SYSTEMS EQUIPPED WITH 3RD BRAKE LIGHT OR WIRELESS TRAILER CAMERA AND A FACTORY REAR TAILGATE HANDLE CAMERA ONLY

Allows switching between your factory Rear Tailgate Handle Camera (if equipped) and 3rd Brake Light or Wireless Trailer Camera (if equipped) while in reverse."

Here is a link that includes vids, your not buying the part in the link but it's an add on option if you scroll down. Guys on some of my L5P groups say it works perfect. I haven't installed on on my intelliahaul yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts