Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to tell the Kool Vue mirrors apart from the factory mirrors? I'm trying to figure out which I have on my truck.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Is the truck all stock? chances are if nothing else was done to it when you purchased it the previous owner didn't throw some kool vues on. not to be a d**k, but why does it matter? lol

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine didn't come factory with tow mirrors. The reason I ask is because mine shake really badly at highway speeds, and I have only heard of the kool vues doing so.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
ahh.. gotcha. Well just go to auto zone and buy some stick on wheel weights and apply them to the back of the mirror. May not fix is completely but it will most definitely fix most of the wobble, enough to barely notice it!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Nearly all NBS hds come factory with the tow mirrors
I see a lot of them around here without them.

Your best bet would be to find the build sheet.

I had the cool vues on my 03. The Drivers side was solid but the passenger side wabbled a lot. On my 08 they dont move at all.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Good chance they are the Kool-Vue because I have them and they shake like crazy going down the road. I wish I would have never bought the damn things. OEM will be what I buy next time, if I ever buy another set.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See the thing is, I had them installed at the dealership after I got the truck. They "had their parts guy" from out of town come in and do it. Out the door for under $400. I looked at the tow mirrors at another dealership today, and they were over 500. Both power mirrors with blinkers.

I'm thinking I either got a good deal but got defective OEM mirrors, or paid the dealership to install crappy mirrors. Which wouldn't surprise me at that dealership.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I've had OEM and Kool-Vues. The OEM mirrors were on my 08 GMC 1500 and there was no shaking at all. Big difference with this damn cheap Kool-Vues, in my opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts