Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can clearing a limp code on the fly erase another canned tuner's memory?

See later post entitled "been noticing some things," for more info on what happened.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Doesnt make sense. If all you did was Download your stock tune nothing in your ECM should of been changed...

Have you just looked over your wiring inside your engine bay? It could possibly be a bad connection with the crank shaft sensor. That or its either bad...

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
WOOPS.

P0093 is a fuel code. I'd look into your FPR possibly...injectors...CP3

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, All I did was download my stock tune. I could check the wire for crankshaft sensor. where is it?

And I don't have any new tunes loaded, just Edge tuning. And the Edge tunes worked fine until I cleared the code on the fly. I have gotten the codes before, but I just pull over and restart, and the limp clears. Never had a problem that way. My v2 will give the codes, but no info. Does that have anything to do with it? Am I supposed to program it with my vechile?

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could the crankshaft position sensor have anything to do with how it's running now?

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
It shouldnt matter if its programmed or not. It will just display what the code is if it is...Sounds like you've had an issue for awhile if it keeps throwing a code. Your crank shaft sensor could be going bad or your CP3 could be taking a crap. You'r FPRV is shimmed so that shouldnt be it.

A P0093 code would indicate that your rail pressure isnt as high as it should be...

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll see what happens over the next couple days. See what codes I get. could it be bad fuel?

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been noticing some things...

This is an update to my issue. Forget what I said before this sums it up, more clearly.
Sorry for all the info but I figure more is better for you guys to help me.

When I downloaded my stock tune for ROB with EFI Live, My truck would not start. So I hooked up my EDGE Juice w/attitude, and it runs. Getting a Crankshaft Position sensor code without the Edge. But with the Edge hooked up it doesn't seem to effect the truck.
Why does it run with the Edge but not without it? Is it in the programing?

And the next thing is...

I was using the edge in HOT to drag a car at a light. And it went into limp mode from a code that I have gotten often. P0093... I would normally just pull over and shut the truck off till it reset. But now that I have EFI I just cleared the code on the fly. The problem is, It effected the way the truck ran. The trans shifted funny. And it seemed like it was stock power, less turbo. I lowered the power settings to stock on the edge unit. Then that night I unhooked the battery for a bit to see if that would reset anything. Now I only have stock, and it seems like it has to relearn everything. Changing the tunes with the attitude monitor does nothing. Still stock. Tranny still shifted funny for a few days. Gotten alot better now, smoother.

But anyway, Could clearing the code on the fly have erased the memory in the Edge? If so how is it still running only when the edge is connected to the harness?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
You couldn't of done anything with EFILive if all you did was download the stock tune and clear a code.. Im not understanding why your truck didn't start, unless you flashed the ECM instead of pulling the stock.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I just followed the directions Rob gave me. Everything went according to the instructions. I used the tune tool to download the Stock Tune. The button said "read calibration data from PCM." Then followed the instructions from there.

I havn't had the truck running without the Edge more than once. And that was a long time ago. So I believe there might be something wrong with the sensor, or wires. But I am curious as to how it runs with the Edge hooked up if the sensor is bad??

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I have learned from researching on this site that the Edge causes problems with Crankshaft Sensor. And My sensor is probably bad.
I am now just wondering if disconnecting my battery made the Edge lose connection with my truck? Does the Trucks ECM need to recognise the EDGE for the tunes to work?

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
There is a voltage test to see if the sensor is bad. Research it before you go buying one.

Throw the edge aside, if youre getting efi live just forget about the edge. I'm sorry, but you have issues to fix and throwing the edge on there could only make things worse. Its like putting a bandaid over a horrible issue. You could cause more damage...Just my 02 cents though.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
The crankshaft sensor can cause a no start. Why it would start with the edge, I have no idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts