Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every truck I ever owned likes Shaeffer's oil, lube, fuel treatment, transmission fluid. The reason is that when it is in there, it exceeds the specs across the boards of GM, Ford, Dodge, etc. Run it, and you will love it. CJ is what the dealer sells to the customers; I run CK-4 in mine with specs within my dealership, and trust me, you won't have any break downs unless you don't have someone doing it right. Gears, anything moving mine, is getting Shaeffer's. They want it to break so they can make money off of you all. I am giving you a heads up, and I'm new here. Definitely not trying to sell anything or push a product.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Don't most oils exceed the specs? And I'm sure all synthetics exceed the specs.

My truck loves ol cheap T4 Rotella. And it's way cheaper:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Where is a forum moderator when you need one...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Can I order from you or do I need to find it elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Can I order from you or do I need to find it elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You better talk to your truck and make sure it will like that stuff. :LOL:

·
Registered
859 Posts
I’m coming up on a million combined miles on my last four company pickups. I don’t abuse my truck but they sure as hell get worked harder than the normal daily drivers. Bulk Phillips66 engine oil, bulk grease whatever brand the supplier is running at the time, same for trans fluid and gear oil. Not had to touch any of them except for regular service, brakes and tires.

It’s simply amazing considering some would have you believe if your not running (insert their fanboy brand here) you might as well be pouring muddy water in your engines and drivetrains :ROFLMAO:

P.S. My dad is a timber buyer and travels all over the Appalachian region. He just came out of a 2013 F150 that had 472K. Engine only ever had a water pump and a set of spark plugs, ran 10-30 Dino oil in the yellow bottles. Truck was on its second trans and still ran fine but his boss decided he needed a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts