Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long Saturday night i was coming home and a buddy of mine wanted to play around. so we went redl light to red light and intertsate. i ran the truck pretty good. got to my house next morning wake up there are 2 drops of oil like coming from the passenger side bottoe radiator area. it only does this when i run the truck and get it good and hot and have been running it reaklly hard

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
isnt there a oil over flow in the front of the motor somewhere? the lines are good. it hasnt leaked since that night...

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
there is a blowby tube on the passenger's side in the front.

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
Maybe oil from PCV going thru your intercooler and its leaking at a boot?:confused:

Check the intercooler connections and see if there is any oil residue on them

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
post some pics please. there is a big tub going into the radiator it looks like, with oil residue on it???? it is coming from the passenger side.

·
Registered
231 Posts
it's leaking through the breather tube like mentioned above, maybe some oil slipped thorugh when it got hot?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm im not sure. my dads LB7 did that when he had his diablo turned up and a welding rig in the back. running it hard on the interstate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just Had A Similar Problem With My 07.5 Lmm, Found That The Lower Intercooler Rubber Coupler Had Slipped Off The Lower Elbow At The Bottom (just A Small Hole) And Every Night I Would Have A Couple Of Drops Of Oil On The Floor! Loosened Off The Band Clamp, Pushed Rubber Back On And Re-tightend, No More Oil!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no oil either...idk..thanks for all ya's info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts