Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIY Oil Change Deals (Updated 2/27) - SlickDeals.net Forums

Look at those there.

The particular deal I paid attention to was at Advance Auto. They had 5 Quarts of Mobile 1 Extended Life + a Mobile 1 Filter for $29.99. This was an excellent deal for me because I went with a Mobile 1 filter for my Duramax and was going to get 2 filters with 10 Quarts of oil I was going to buy for my car, however, I went in there and found out that was the last day for that deal (CRAP!) I see that they now have Castrol Syntec on special for $26.99 plus a free Bosch Distance Plus filter.

This too is a good deal since Castol Syntec and Mobil 1 are about the same quality and I looked up online and the Bosch and Mobil 1 filters are both made by Champion labs and identical on the inside.

Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources

I got 2 filters for my truck yesterday for free and a total savings of $44 for 10 quarts of oil (WOW!)

I also have another Duramax filter for oil I had to buy for a SRT-10 I just bought.

Advance Auto just started carrying these Bosch filters, so get over there and buy all you can if you have a car that uses these oils!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good Info!

That's a good deal on the Mobile 1, since a quart goes for about $7 here.
I was thinking about switching to full Synthetic, just undecided between Rotella or Mobile 1 Synthetic. Both are good oil's but I think that Rotella comes out a bit cheaper. As far as the filters how do you compare Wix or GM O.E filter to Mobile 1?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts