Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever remove the Oil Filter Manifold? How to do it. Or have instructions on how to do it? I'm trying to install a centrifuge for cleaning oil and the fitting just fwd and above the filter (3/8 inch allen head) stripped out on me. I have removed the filter. There is a mixture of nuts on studs and bolts. which do I remove to get the manifold off, Nuts or bolts or both? Being that there is no Hayne's manual for the truck/ engine, I Don't want to mess anything up. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank You,
av8or

·
Registered
839 Posts
Looks like 5 bolts on the housing could be wrong just looking at alldata the hexs might have stripped on ypu because the should be metric not standard

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dslkraz, does alldata say anything about coolent running through the area? just backed a bolt off and got dexcool coming out.

av8or

·
Registered
839 Posts
Ya its part of the oil cooler probably should drain it or it might end up all over you

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.