Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is out there for these? What is the preferred one?

I know of PF66, UPF66R and the Wix/Napa 100351.

Going to need something soon so I'm trying to figure out what is best.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went with the PPE on my last change. It was $34 shipped so I don’t know if it’s worth it but it is actually a filter made for the engine, instead of a filter used on every other gasoline car gm makes. I will be sending a sample to. Blackstone within the next 2 weeks so I’ll see how it’s working.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with the PPE on my last change. It was $34 shipped so I don’t know if it’s worth it but it is actually a filter made for the engine, instead of a filter used on every other gasoline car gm makes. I will be sending a sample to. Blackstone within the next 2 weeks so I’ll see how it’s working.
Those look nice but I don't plan on doing extended OCI so I think it would be a waste for me.

I basically wasn't sure between the ones I listed if there was one that stood out...like on my LML, I'm using the Baldwin (quality and inexpensive). I thought I heard that something changed on the PF66 that wasn't good, but if they are, they are inexpensive. The UPF66R I thought I heard messed with oil pressure, for good or bad I'm not sure. The Wix/Napa, I don't even know anything about. All three of those are cheap enough for the 5k-7k oci I plan on doing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reference Number: GCUS-9-11766

PF66 (GM #55495105) Oil Filter Shortage and Replacement Parts Effective 8/20/2021

Due to increase in demand in the past 6 months, the PF66 oil filter (GM# 55495105) is currently backordered.

In the immediate interim, GM Engineering has recommended the ACDelco UPF66R as the preferred approved filter.

While not equivalent with the OE filter, considering the potential impact on GM vehicle owner satisfaction, we are allowing the usage of the following aftermarket filters for a limited time until a solution is identified. Additional bulletins will be distributed advising of sufficient PF66 availability and ending the competitive aftermarket filter warranty. We will also continue to warranty the engines (subject to remaining warranty) that receive one of the following aftermarket filters:

• Mighty – M9510
  • Valvoline – VO202
  • Parts Master – WL610351
  • Luber-finer – PH10066
  • Champ – PH10066
  • Wix – WL10351
  • NapaGold – 100351
  • PurolatorTech – TL11241
  • Purolator – L11424

Effective Date

8/20/2021

Additional information

An application guide for the PF66 oil filter has been attached.

This message link is only valid through the expiry date.
Expires:Aug 20, 2022 23:00 ET

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Purolator – L11424 cross references with a Mobil 1 M1-103A. I might give it a try on my next change and see what happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ACDelco UPF66R rock auto has them back in stock, the WIX filter has a smaller micron rating.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ACDelco UPF66R rock auto has them back in stock, the WIX filter has a smaller micron rating.
I just received my WIX filter, after a 3.5 month wait from Summit Racing. Just ordered it in the blind knowing it would be a while. Will use it this spring on the next change...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts