Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD duramax deleted pcv reroute raptor lift pump efi tunes rail plug
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum so please move if in wrong place. I’ve had this oil seep forever now on bell housing and it just got worse I have no idea where it’s coming from, I checked inspection on trans and it was dry I have no idea where it’s coming from. Don’t know where to check etc. anyone please help pics below of seep.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
1,194 Posts
It looks like your lower oil pan seal is leaking. You might want to check upper pan to as it looks like it might be wet above lower pan in pic. My first thought was rear main seal but if you say bell housing is dry that’s ruled out for the most part.

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD duramax deleted pcv reroute raptor lift pump efi tunes rail plug
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is probably coolant. Check passenger side head gasket by the firewall or the block off plate. It could look like oil because it is dirty.
Head gaskets and studs were done with paperwork about a year and a month to the date, just got out of warranty. I ran a block tester for head gaskets maybe 2 months ago and tested perfect no chnage in fluid color not even in the first chamber (my tester is a dual chamber uview) and this has been going on for a good while now it just got worse do where I have a solid drop when I park, anywhere else I should check for coolant or you think the gaskets could still be a possibility after block test and then being done recently? Thank you for the response I just have ran out of options im lost lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like your lower oil pan seal is leaking. You might want to check upper pan to as it looks like it might be wet above lower pan in pic. My first thought was rear main seal but if you say bell housing is dry that’s ruled out for the most part.
Lower pan has a seep I’m sure lol, I had credits at a dealer for oil changes in my car prior to my truck, took it there for an oil change just to use em and they said oil pan was leaking (just lube techs so I didn’t think much on it) it just got worse tho after almost 3 years of owning the truck, oil changes every 3k religiously so I never noticed level down ever but just wanna figure it out because it’s not going to get better can only go downhill if I leave it. How can I get at upper pan inspection and such? The way it’s in the bottom of bell housing outside makes me think it’s a line or somethin dripping down. I’m a newish diesel tech at a Ford dealer I don’t mind tearing it apart I just have no clue what to do the leak is nowhere obvious- my first thought was rear main seal aswell lol but torque converter and flywheel dry as a bone even after a HARD drive

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
1,194 Posts
That coloring still makes me wonder about trans oil. Your lines going to trans cooler aren’t leaking are they?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That coloring still makes me wonder about trans oil. Your lines going to trans cooler aren’t leaking are they?
no sir- I thought of that aswell and decided to just throw lines at it at around 5 months ago, fleece performance lines haven't had drop since. I've heard of it being oil pump, turbo feed line, couple of my buddies say trans pump seal ( I don't think its trans fluid but I figured id look into everything at this point), maybe oil cooler? How would I go about checking all these? any of em sound reasonable to you?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Check the block off plate located right by the passenger head gasket.

Clean everything off too so you can actually narrow it down. It doesn’t look like oil to me. Looks more red than black oil.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Check turbo oil lines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check the block off plate located right by the passenger head gasket.

Clean everything off too so you can actually narrow it down. It doesn’t look like oil to me. Looks more red than black oil.
Block off plate, are you referring to EGR? Im sorry im just not 100% sure on what you're referring to, do you have pics by chance of location/ what im looking for. Appreciate your help bro

·
Registered
174 Posts
Block off plate, are you referring to EGR? Im sorry im just not 100% sure on what you're referring to, do you have pics by chance of location/ what im looking for. Appreciate your help bro
No. Do a search. Obviously this is your first diesel and you have no mechanical abilities. You need to be spoon fed the answers. Just take the truck to a mechanic and pay someone to fix it. It’s beyond your abilities.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
1,194 Posts
This is what DieselGauge was talking about i think. It’s something to check out but I don’t think its coolant leaking by the looks of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No. Do a search. Obviously this is your first diesel and you have no mechanical abilities. You need to be spoon fed the answers. Just take the truck to a mechanic and pay someone to fix it. It’s beyond your abilities.
hit that nail right on the head, just wasn't sure what was being referred to as when I did a search all that came up was a blocker plate for egr. thanks for info you did give tho

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.