Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been having oil leaking out where my filter meets the housing I figured it was just a bad o ring on the filter so I changed filters and it still leaks. When driving the truck I'm running a constant oil pressure of 80psi normal driving and 120psi pegged when I get on the throttle is it just to much pressure for the filter and is there and high flow filter adapter that allows the filter to be vertical? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
7,829 Posts
Holy fack! I'm not sure mine has ever seen over 90 and that's only when cold out and upon startup. Sounds like a restriction somewhere

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
Sub'd

·
Registered
358 Posts
Mine will peg 120 on a cold day for a few minutes before it warms up and the oil thins out. You shouldn't see this sustained though...once you warm up you should be around 50 or 60 at cruising speeds, and below that when sitting at idle. My truck has always leaked down the back of the oil pan and onto the front of the bellhousing of the trans. I think it is either an upper pan gasket or possibly where the turbo drains. Not sure, but i have never lost any oil inbetween oil changes. My buddy's LMM is the same way and he has clocked around 260k trouble free miles.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
My filter and filterhead are always covered when I change it. Doesn't ever seem to be a large loss of oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts