Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe the mechanical experts on this forum can shed some light on this issue for me. I took a new 2019 3500HD SRW into the dealer for its first oil change at about 5,800 miles, when the DIC said it was time to do so. 1rst service was on GM and they covered changing oil/oil filter and topping off DEF. The next week following this service, I found a DIC warning stating I needed to put DEF in and poured five gallons into the tank. Well, this seems simply like the dealer did not top off DEF as stated. Here's the concerning issue: 2800 miles on truck after service and DIC states it needs an oil change again... Any advice other than dealer did not change the oil or oil filter as they said they did? Should I be concerned of any mechanical issue?

2nd related question: Does anyone know of a contact at GM who seems to care what it's dealers are doing, or not doing, other than the typical 800 customer service number?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There’s a bulletin out on this. It’s a software issue GM says to do an oil change every 7,500 miles, 300 engine hours or once per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Not sure about the DEF. As for the oil change they may have forgotten to reset it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Someone else posted this here a while back and I saved it to my phone. Can’t remember what his username is, but shoutout to whoever originally posted this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe I noticed the oil life monitor was reset however do not recall the exact reading percentage - It was not even in the 90's though. I appreciate the service bulletin information and the knowledge forum members possess and have shared as above. Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, new here and have been searching for this for awhile. Thought mine 2019 2500hd was going through oil monitoring way to quick and this now proves it to my dealer. Just had my oil changed yesterday and in 30 miles of highway driving it went down 1% in just 30 miles. Since I have owned it 1st oil change it said in 1500 miles second was another 1700 miles none of which was hard driving or city driving. So thank you I will now show this to my dealer so they have it which they should have know all along but I get it thy see a lot of vehicles and can’t know all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts