Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a 2021 GMC Sierra with about 10 000 miles on the clock.

so after about 100 miles of offroading, I saw a few small drops of oil under the middle of the truck. Got under it and found what looks like oil on the driveshaft. It is very thick and has no smell. It was also splattered underneath the truck. I can see oil coming from anywhere though. The transfer case and drive shaft seal seems to be dry. Very odd.

Any idea what it might be?
Thanks in advance.
Automotive tire Rim Gas Composite material Automotive exterior
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Bumper Bicycle part

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
960 Posts
Looks like the cap on the back of the splines is leaking. It’s under warranty so take it in. Better check your transfer case fluid level. Put an arrow on your pic pointing to the location.
Automotive tire Tire Synthetic rubber Bumper Bicycle part

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
960 Posts

·
Super Moderator
983 Posts
Nate... Sorry, I thought the top pick was the rear end otherwise it's the output shaft seal on the t-case...

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
It's the sort of thing that warranty is for....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply everyone.

@redwngr , for sure it is a warranty thing… Problem is the dealer can only help me by Friday. Just wanted to get some opinions.

@Nate Dmax and @BoiseRob, thank you for the input. Just checked the transfer case fluid and it is fine.

Hopefully I’ll have more answers by Friday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So got the truck back.
According to them it is the slip joke cap that is leaking. They’ve ordered the part. 2 week wait. Said I’m fine to drive the truck in the meantime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts