Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hot Rod Photographer
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming up on my warranty in may of 12' and I was changing the oil and noticed some seepage around the rear of the oil pan and connection to the tranny. Do you think the stealership will replace it if I take it in and tell them I had a drip or two? I just don't want to have any problems with it later and I wasnt towing or anything. It's an 07 LBZ with 40k on her. I also read somewhere that the glow plugs are under an emissions replacement due to faulty ones.. Just curious. Thanks also if I put exhaust on it will it with no cat will that void the warranty?

·
Hot Rod Photographer
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
When I bought my truck it had 70k on it and it was doing the same. It's the rear main seal. I haven't played with it. It only weeps. You can try the old a little brake fluid in the oil. I tried it but I don't think it did much. I'd let it be unless the dealership will do it,

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
take it in and get it fixed. when my last truck still had warranty, i took it in for everything that seemed off on it just to make sure by the time it ran out i had as much covered as possible....

then go do your exhaust :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts