Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a 911 isue. While driving to a track meet today , I was checking the gages as usual while driving and I noticed that the oil guage was at 90 psi ( usually at 60 psi while at highway speed and rmp, 2100-2200 @ 70 mph). Oil was changed on Wed. and no leaks any where. Every thing looked and sounded fine while driving so kept going until we got to the track. At idle the, gage was reading 60psi ?? When we got to the track, I turned the truck off waited for a few minutes and turned the key forwad but not to start. all the needles but the oil went to zero ( volts @ 9-11 ), the oil went to the 30 psi mark. Started the truck and the oil was still showinig higher psi than it should at idle. When we left the track meet, the oil gage was reading "normal" 30 psi when it warmed up and 60 psi all the way home ?????:confused::idkidk Sorry for the long post but I wanted all the issues put in.

·
Registered
102 Posts
my speedo and tach started acting up and then a few weeks later my oil psi guage did... so I ordered the set of 7 off of ebay for like 41 bucks and fixed the problem

·
Registered
572 Posts
doubt thats the stepper..my oil pressure sensor went out before the stepper. When i bought the truck when it was cold the gauge was 115psi and warmed up and crusing about 95psi. gauge started to fluxuate and then it bottomed out at zero and started jumping back and forth between 95 and zero. once i calmed down and realized it was fine i bought a sensor and fixed the problem only for the stepper to go out about 4 months later.

·
Registered
572 Posts
kind of behind the oil filter at a 45 degree angle towards the ground. i think its a 1 1/8" or so socket to take it off.

·
Registered
572 Posts
yup unplug the sensor and unscrew it. oil will come out so i recommend when you do an oil change. mine was really gunked up and probably could have been cleaned and worked fine but i already had a new one. Took about 5 minutes to change. really easy to do.

·
Registered
64 Posts
hey just incase its a stepper motor make sure yours being an 04 isnt under the recall with chevy it ended with 04

·
Registered
280 Posts
sounds like the pressure sensor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.