Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 01/DA/3500 stock with 124,600 on it.I have noticed the oil pressure has dropped a little as I add miles to it,is this normal?When I first got it new I had at least 30 at a idle & around 50-60 runnin.Now Im down to 20 at a idle & 40-45 runnin.Do you guys think its because it is looser now.I also noticed its a lot louder far as engine noise.about as loud as a ford idlin,used to be really quit.Got a lot more hammering to it.Also has more power now then when I had 60,000 on it.It has,nt used a drop of oil in the 11 yrs. Ive owned it.Only thing that went was the waterpump last fall around Oct.Kinda sikes me out with such low oil pressure.Never had a truck that would run under 30 before at a idle.Oil is right on the full mark with no diesel in it whatesoever.I check the oil everyday & do a paper towel test on the oil every couple of weeks to make sure I dont have diesel in it.Every time I ask this question I get different answers.What is the average reading with the mileage I got.20-30 ?at a idle.Im also in a area were it gets into the 100,s for temps & heat index around 112-115.The hotter it is the more power the truck has.It loves the heat.Any true comeback would surely help me feel better about the oil.When its first started then I have between 50-60 at a idle.Only last about 5 miles then Im down to were I stated it is.

·
Registered
120 Posts
when mine is up to temperature it will idle just below 30psi according to the stock gauge. My truck just hit 40,000 miles and has Rotella 5w-40 full syn.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Using stock gauges in truck.Well it sounds like mine should be OK then.Thanks guys for the comeback.90% of the time its usally on 20 lb. when idlin,sometimes it'll read a hair under but then when I step on it & it comes back to a idle it'll go back to 20.I know the stock guages ar'nt very reliable.So far the guages hav'nt bene to far off for stock guages.I have heard of guys that say they have had a lot of trouble with the cluster.So far mine seem to be close to OK for being 11 yrs. old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts