Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been having oil issues through the past week on my 2013 silverado 2500hd lml I did an oil change and the next day my oil pressure was pinned at 120 with no movement so with the help of the forums I had my oil sending unit replaced then after having that replaced everything seemed fine until I took about an hours drive and when I got to an idle my engines oil pressure read 0 and I was getting warnings to shut off engine had it taken to a different shop and they said the sending unit was faulty so had that replaced again but they think it’s a weak oil pump as well but it was reading 11 psi at idle warmed up at the shop and up to 50-60 when accelerating so when I started to take it home from the shop the first stop light i hit it did it again with the warnings and to shut off engine and I pushed it kept driving had to get back to my side of town so after I drove all the way back home which was almost another hour the oil pressure reads 35-40 at idle and over 60 when accelerating which seems just about as normal as it comes anybody else have a similar issue I’m at a loss on where to look also want to mention I have plenty of oil truck sounds and runs normal accelerates fine and I think the duramax tick is gone as well now please help

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Remember that your oil pressure sensor/switch is only as good as the circuit that supports the sensor switch. It must have the correct power (+) and ground (-) for that application. My guess is that your circuit is compromised. You should have almost exactly 5V on the black wire at the connector and almost no voltage at the grey wire on the other end of the connector. That's where I would start. It will check normal when your pressure looks OK, so you need to do this when it's acting up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts