Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I noticed oil pressure seemed a bit high on the gauge and the cts2. 80-100psi going down the road 60 at idle. Now warning light on dash. This morning it maxes out on dash but says zero on cts2. Think about it for a minute with some googling while it’s warming up and decide to take it to work. Bout 1/2 way on a 20 mile trip cts2 jumps straight from 0 to 100psi... cluster still almost pegged. This whole time with oil pressures ranging from zero to 100 there has never been any dings or warnings on the dash.. Any ideas as to what is going on here? Be glad to answer serious questions to narrow down the issue.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
So yesterday I noticed oil pressure seemed a bit high on the gauge and the cts2. 80-100psi going down the road 60 at idle. Now warning light on dash. This morning it maxes out on dash but says zero on cts2. Think about it for a minute with some googling while it’s warming up and decide to take it to work. Bout 1/2 way on a 20 mile trip cts2 jumps straight from 0 to 100psi... cluster still almost pegged. This whole time with oil pressures ranging from zero to 100 there has never been any dings or warnings on the dash.. Any ideas as to what is going on here? Be glad to answer serious questions to narrow down the issue.
Both dash and CTS reading from the same Oil Pressure sender..............Change it.

If memory serves it is on the drivers side of the engine, accessible from below.

Any local auto parts house should have one.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
And while you're there, check the circuit for the sender. Cost for the sender for my 2008 truck at dealer is about $130 plus 1 hour to install. No cost to check the circuit, assuming you do it yourself. If your sender is good, but you have short or improper ground, you may see same readings, fluctuations you already have. Usual 3 wire setup, low reference, 5V reference, and a signal wire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any part numbers you guys recommended? My local autozone is saying 128 bucks.... seems like I’ve been reading 20-30

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Any part numbers you guys recommended? My local autozone is saying 128 bucks.... seems like I’ve been reading 20-30
I just checked OReilly Auto, Standard Ignition part for $77, Rock has it for $45 if you can wait a couple days.

Ron makes a good point on the harness. Even if you purchase it first, check the harness before you install it so you can return it if you can.

Cleaning all three of the pins and a bit of Di-Electric grease may save you the cost of the part.

Don't forget to check the harness near the large connector above the engine as well, that is a known chafe location too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts