Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. What kind of oil pressure are you guys getting. My lb7 will peg out at 80 cold but it hits about 70 warmed up. My buddy told me that lb7s get better oil pressure than newer dmaxs. Have you guys found that to be the same.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Both of my llys run 60 -70ish cold and around 20 - 30 warm! All the engines should have the same oil pressure because they all use the same oil pump and so on!

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
If by newer, you mean a LBZ....mine is around 80 cold and 30 warm.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine never stays still long enough to reach a proper reading I know underload the gauge is at max but Im a Canadian so My gauges are different readins. mine stays around the middle when hot and to the max when cold.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine goes in the red on the right when cold, and in the red on the left when warm.

Is there any fix to this so it will keep a consistent pressure when warm? I let off the fuel and the pressure drops down to ~ 20 (IIRC on the gauge reading).

·
Registered
100 Posts
this is normal because when the oil is cold the molecules tend to stick together (different oils have different viscosities) therefore the oil pump is working a little harder to pump it through because there is a higher viscosity (thicker) and giving you a higher pressure reading, when it is warm the viscosity is lower (thinner) so it moves faster through the engine giving it a lower reading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts