Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007.5 I noticed a oily substance in my inter cooler line down near my lower radiator hose. Any insight? I still have a drive train warrenty. Thx, Paul

·
Registered
897 Posts
Like KMan said, that's what the PCV system will do. It reintroduces crankcase gasses into the intake, coating everything in the intake with a mist of dirty oil. It makes a mess and cannot be good for the engine. Luckily, they sell kits that allow you reroute it to the atmosphere instead, keeping your intake clean like it should be!

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
changed my intercooler out at 10k for an aftermarket one and there was at least a cup of oil or more in it

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
Mine has atleast a quart..I'm going to do a PVC reroute here soon.

Anyone know if I should and how to clean the intercooler out?
a little oil isnt a big deal but I might park it on a side hill and pull the hot side off and let it drain. But I dont have the stock intercooler around to see if that is a low point

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Best would be to pull it out and give it a solvent flush and then steam it out. In the vehicle you could probably pull the hose off it and try to steam it out. Otherwise I would just pull the low hose off and park on a hill

·
Registered
833 Posts
i have a little bit of oil that drips out of my pipe that connects to the passenger side of the intercooler

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
I took both boots off and kept shoved rags into it untill the oil stopped coming out, it took forever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts