Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 gmc 2500hd with the lb7 with 165k on it. I have owned the truck for about a year and don't know if the injectors have ever been done or not. I smokes white smoke at idle and it a fair amout of smoke ( gets a little embarassing at stop signs). the special warranty runs out on oct 29 so i took it to the dealer again to try to get them done and once again i got the run around and told they don't really know whats wrong and just want to try a few things like a fuel filter (for $140) which only has about 3or4k miles on it. and they wanted to try to update the ecm. I told them i would come pick it up but i wanted the balance numbers so here is what i got

In park
-1.9,4.2,3.3,-1.5,.1,.4,-3.1,-1.2 and they told me the specs are -6 to 6
in drive
-2.6,2.5,2.2,-.3,1.0,1.1,-3.7,.1 and the specs are -4 to 4

Does this mean anything to anyone who know anything haha. and what would you suggest. thanks again

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Hmmm. get back to you after a phone cal....sure some one will chime in

·
Registered
553 Posts
in park +/- 4 in drive +/-6 are you getting diesel in oil

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dosent look like it by just checking the oil. i ask the dealer to check it out and ofcourse they didn't and after telling me 50 dollars in diag. they tried to charge me 90 wtf. is there a better way to check for diesel in the oil?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
dump some fuel in crankcase and take to a different dealer.

·
Firefighter/EMT-B
426 Posts
for starters has the dealer checked history on your truck to see if the injectors have been replaced. If they have been they would see this because it would have been done under warranty. If not have them check, otherwise i can do it for you. btw it is free to look. all they would need is vin#. I have an 04 with a lb7 in it and it was doing the same thing at idle. put injectors in it problem solved.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no one said anything about them being done before so i don't think so but i'm not sure. they woun't be open til monday to check or i can give you my vin let me know if you want it.

·
Firefighter/EMT-B
426 Posts
send it, I can check tonite and let you know

·
Firefighter/EMT-B
426 Posts
it should still pass since they said it passed before, because all you did was put fuel in the crankcase. i am a little confused as to why it passed anyway. i work for a gm dealership and we do several injectors jobs. most common reason for replacement is excessive white smoke at idle, with no fuel in the crankcase. when that happens it is usually a more expensive repair.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i think its kinda bs. I have had it to 2 diffrent dealers and they want to tell me they want to try this and try that but i get on here and 99 out of 100ppl say injectors i think it is just dealers or gm trying to get out of it and i'm not sure Y

·
Firefighter/EMT-B
426 Posts
ok ran your vin#, it has not had the injectors replaced. fwi you have 1 open recall on it, 2nd row center safety belt.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah the second row safty belt was the one thing they did today haha. So do you have any words of wisdom on how i can get this job done before 29 when the policy is up. I get kind tired of looking like a freight train at stop lights

·
Firefighter/EMT-B
426 Posts
i can understand that, not sure what to tell you, did the other dealer run a flow test? hard to believe that if it is smoking that bad that some of the injectors would have failed. they should be able to talk to the gm service rep and see what he thinks, a lot of they will authorize the job if it is border line.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok thanks if you find out anything more or have anymore ideas please let me know i am going to make a few more phone calls and maybe even try to contact gm myself and see if i can get anywhere. you wouldn't happen to have a way for me to get ahold of gm would you. Thanks again

1 - 20 of 41 Posts