Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02, upgrades, banks six gun, cold air intake, and exaust. 375k miles.

Replaced injectors (all 8) twice, once at 199k, then at 275k. Replaced rail system as well.

Recently, truck began smoking, gray, at idle. Just smell at first, then smoke. Picked up MAFS code. Replaced, cleared code. Went 16 miles. Picked up code. MAFS code. Replaced, cleared code. Went 11 miles, picked up code.

The smoke is getting worse. Thicker. Mostly at idle. Had tech check with his hand held deal. He said all 8 injectors barely within tolerances? Fuel pressure is good. He said fuel pumps were working well.

He wants to replace all 8 injectors again, and start with that. Any ideas. He said the MAFS code is not the issue. The MAFS communicates with the computer, and adjust fuel/air mix? Am I correct.

I disconected the Banks system to see if that could be the cause, no difference what so ever!

I have run every Diesel Additive known to man that claims to clean injectors. Still Smoking. Fuel mileage is great, runs great, with a little hesitation every once in a while, that goes away. New fuel filter as well.

Any ideas on where to go from here? With the miles I have on it, I do not want to again throw 3.5K at it to replace the injectors, when I keep picking up a MAFS code.

Help. Anyone???

·
Registered
582 Posts
K&N and some others have an oiled filter. They are horrible for your truck as they foul up the MAF all the time and can cause your condition. If your MAF is good than it may be injectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts