Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 GM Canyon Duramax has been in the shop since Oct 20. Thought it was finally fixed today but drove it and has intermittently long lags between pedal a certain and actual acceleration. No codes show! Replaced turbo, several sensors, intercooler parts, still it is not fixed. I would have never thought GMC would be unable to fix a dang 4 cylinder Diesel engine in under 110 days! And now it gets moved up to corporate tech, the ultimate black hole. I will say GM is trying to find the issue, however after 110 days I’m thinking they need to think WAY outside the box and get me into a vehicle that runs! Thoughts? Comiserators?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Does your situation fall within the Lemon Law guidelines of your State?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, has to still be under warranty. But I’m pretty sure the diesel was designed to last more than 80,000 miles. I’m trying to keep perspective here, it’s outta warranty and GM could tell me to take a hike. They have not down that. I’ll give them that. I just can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
100k warranty reduced to 60k in 2016, lucky me. I am beginning to wonder if there is a ‘fatal flaw’ in the duramax since so many parts have been replaced and it is no longer throwing codes, yet it is not operating correctly. Anyone else have similar experiences?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Severe Dead Pedal 2016 Duramax

Went to dealer to test drive my 2016 Canyon Duramax, been there since October. Still not fixed apparently since when put pedal to metal it takes 3-10 seconds to accelerate and offer spools rpm’s to 3500 before it accelerates. No codes showing up. Anyone else have this issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts