Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 3.73s and want to know if i would benefit more from 4.10s or 4.56s right now it runs 13.40s in the 1/4 and i want to get it into the 12s or should i buy a turbo like the bd or ats 3000 or the garrett gt 4094r

·
Diesel Addict
7,755 Posts
with the taller tires 4:10's mite not be a bad idea but i'm thinking a turbo will bennefit you even more then different gears,anything over the 4:10's would hurt you more then help.you wanna be carefull how muh air you add with stock internals in that LLY.Garret turbos are the way to go IMO but i have no experience with them other then the stock one.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
with that tall of tires, adding some lower gears will get you closer to the stock final drive ratio. That'll take a little stress off your driveline. And give you better low end acceleration. I'd do that first if you plan on always having big honkin tires. That way when you add the turbo, your driveline will be prepared for it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I would either stick with the stock gears or only go up to the 4.10's at most anything higher will probably drop your 1/4 time. I would do one of the garrett turbos. Also you might look at this turbo Elite Diesel Engineering Turbo Kits for 6.6L Duramax Don't know of anybody that has one but looks kind of interesting.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Whats the largest tires you can run with 4.10s?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
35's are about the max for 3.73 gears. I have a truck in here right now for a Suncoast kit and it has 37's. He wants 4.56 gears to bring him back to a stock ratio. We'll see if he pulls the trigger. . . . . .

From where you are right now, I'd stick with 3.73s and put a BD Super Max on it with a full bore manifold. Should rip then.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks guys i think iam going to put a turbo on

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
X2 with elite diesel they are real good guys, i live by a few of the guys that work there. they know what works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts