Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 3500HD 6.6 and was driving the other day, I got home shut the truck off and when I went back out to run to the store, fired up the truck it started fine backed out fine, through first gear ran great but when I got on the highway to head out. boom. No power to take me past 45 mph and to keep me powering. I took it out on the highway, and I can get it going 75 after awhile of driving but there is no power to get me up the hills. Highest my boost gauge is going is 11 psi. I changed my fuel filter. Still the same thing. I checked the turbo itself and the bearings and everything seem fine. Nothing is loose, and when I fire the truck there is no noise when I press the throttle. The turbo vane doesn't seem to be operating poorly but how can I check or listen to make sure? Any ideas of what I need to check or do before I replace the turbo would be great.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Maybe a TCM...

~the Captain

2016 Chevy 2500Hd, PPEI tuned, CAT back exhaust, 2.5" Zone Level Kit, Moto Metal 970 wheels/Nitto Terra Grapler G2's, Custom Cab lights

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually had just replaced the TCM last week. truck wouldnt shift out of 6th gear until it hit 30 mph, than would drop to 3rd gear prettty hard, roll coal and sit at 3500 rpm. So no, I just had the TCM replaced...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I actually had just replaced the TCM last week. truck wouldnt shift out of 6th gear until it hit 30 mph, than would drop to 3rd gear prettty hard, roll coal and sit at 3500 rpm. So no, I just had the TCM replaced...
And TCM was reprogrammed ??

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Is the truck stock or tuned? Do have a device to scan for code(s)? Do you have access to A tech 2 or an Edge Insight device? With those you can monitor (& of course other things) turbo vane positions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the TCM was programmed and truck ran just fine after. I have a H&S DEF delete chip on the truck. Other than that it is all stock. I dont have access to the monitoring devices. My H&S has a screen to it. but doesnt show the vane postion. Or if it does than I dont know how to make it show.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I would get an edge to monitor everything. Once you have all your numbers and codes we maybe able to give you more help. Did your intake sensor clog up or come loose ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts