Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help Does anyone have experience with this company?

I found a 2007 LBZ that was upgraded with an ATS Etuner Electronic Tuner, Shift Kit, ATS Built Allison LCT1000 Auto Trans, ATS Five Star Viskus Clutch Drive Torque Converter, and an ATS automatic shift kit.

The dealer wants $33,000. It has 45,500 miles.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Price seems kinda high to me.... reason I'm saying that is you can get a brand new truck and do the SAME mods to it for about 5-6 grand more......and have lower interest on the loan. Also make sure it still has a warranty with the ATS stuff...not saying it's bad stuff, but the people who own it usually use the warranty at some point.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
i have had good luck with ATS.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback!

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Yes, definitely get in touch with ATS and see if the transmission is covered still. ATS makes good stuff, but their trannies require fluid changes every 15k miles to maintain warranty if I remember right. Some people might not do that, so that could be the end of the tranny warranty. ATS is usually really good about covering anything if it's under warranty, which is nice.

I don't have any personal experience with ATS, but I've heard mixed reviews on their trannies. Seems like their newer stuff is good, older stuff had some problems sometimes, but thats all second hand knowledge.

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
:help Does anyone have experience with this company?

I found a 2007 LBZ that was upgraded with an ATS Etuner Electronic Tuner, Shift Kit, ATS Built Allison LCT1000 Auto Trans, ATS Five Star Viskus Clutch Drive Torque Converter, and an ATS automatic shift kit.

The dealer wants $33,000. It has 45,500 miles.
Be careful man. I dont think you can transfer the warranty with the ATS trans. If they say you can, get it in writing.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
I would not put anything purple in or on my truck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've decided to not go forward with this purchase ... just too many potential disasters. Thanks for all your feedback! I'm sure you have saved my many headaches, a lot of money, and most importantly ... most of my a__ from my wife not chewing it off!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again for all the information. Yesterday, I purchased an '07 Chevy 2500HD Classic LT3, CC, SB, 46,000 miles with the Duramax. Pictures to follow ... its raining today. I absolutely love the truck:gearjamin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts