·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
basically i need my truck EVERYDAY. so i would probably buy an allison core, and this rebuild kit and have it assembled....and then put the trans in.....and sell my current trans....but i think in the end that would be just as much if not more than the rebuilt unit linked above.....
or this.....
GM Allison LCT 1000 Stage 5 rebuild kit!!!! 600hp | eBay

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Good luck getting customer service from eBay when it shits out. Talk to one of the vendors

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chicago area

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dirty....that was my biggest concern

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Search in the transmission area for a thread called transmission shops near you or something. I'm sure someone reputable is close to you

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Your in the heart of diesel country. Plenty of reputable shops around there if your willing to drive a little.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the 2 listed in that trans thread are 3-4 hours south of me....id rather go north if possible, i no more people up there that i could hangout with while my works being done haha....

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Doesn't seem TOO bad.

They do stand behind their work.... they actually offer a warranty on their transmissions, which is pretty ballsy...... let alone a fairly good one... 3 years/100,000 miles.

I checked out their website and their work looks decent... but who puts bad work on a website? lol

They did have this listed on their "Customer's rides" section

It has that same transmission, has a twin turbo LMM, tows 20,000 – 35,000lbs on a daily basis, and has supposedly logged over 200K miles on their transmission. So apparently it can take a pretty damn good beating imo.

and as far as customer service.... it says in the description: "You also get my phone number for 7 day a week tech support! Call me with any questions you have when installing and get an expert opinion!"

I'd say someone guinea pig up.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Doesn't seem TOO bad.

They do stand behind their work.... they actually offer a warranty on their transmissions, which is pretty ballsy...... let alone a fairly good one... 3 years/100,000 miles..
how bout a lifetime warranty like i have?

to the op, theres a guy named Todd, in IL, piero or something like that, i cant remember. Jmaz (John) would know for sure. He builds transmissions to the exact spec that the guy that did mine did. Who is a very well respected, and reputable builder. I would go that route, hands down.

989-666-8704

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
danhr i dont know if i wanna guinea pig 3600$$
battlegrad--peoria?? might have to look into that...

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
its Peoria.....I have met and talked with Todd many times...

Honestly if you buy a PI trans.....i feel bad for you....

They may have a warranty.....for one good lucking getting it done....and 2 you are gonna need a warranty...

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
2 things you dont want to cheap out on.....

fuel demands....ie injectors/cp3

anything trans related......there is a reason why some auto shops are trans only...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
04 thanks alot for posting that!!! glad i asked on here!
jmaz...as soon as i save up the remaining money needed im going to contact you for further info on todd so i can get this tranny done!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I've only bought one built transmission before and that was for my 06 Cummins and it was from Suncoast, never had a problem with it and customer service was awesome. There's no way in hell I'm buying a built transmission off Ebay.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts