Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good-bad experiences with WalMart SuperTech Gear Oils? I know that there was a couple of web searches which pulled up fines against Walmart for sub-standard viscosities in their gear oils a couple of years ago but.... If you believe everything you read on the bottle it seems to meet all the standards, the synthetic is approved by GM and it says that it's made in the USA for Walmart. One website says that it's actually made by Quaker State.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah, I'll betcha it's a normal oil manufacturer that makes it for them. I haven't had any personal experience though, so I'm not of much help!

If you're on the fence, just get the good stuff, because it's not worth a few bucks on cheap fluids when it means the health of your vehicle.

·
Registered
962 Posts
it may be made by a big name but i have always thought that it will not be the same quality as the companys flagship product. Im sure there are reasons they can sell it for cheaper and i doubt its eating cost just to sell more (which can benefit in some cases) but instead, its probably lesser quality that is cheaper to manufacture.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I just changed boths diffs with the AMSOIL Severe Gear 75W-90 thanks to Big Daddy Diesel. I am very pleased with the results. The crap that came out of there is what I was disappointed with. I don't do Walmart so not much help here.

·
Registered
419 Posts
you get what you pay for

·
Registered
181 Posts
works just fine for me... super tech 75-90synthetic I think they sell? I'm running it currently and haven't had any problems other than a crap wheel seal. Not Walmarts fault.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts