Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!

Keep or Sell the LB7

• Keep it and fix injectors

Votes: 37 97.4%
  • Trade it in and be upside down

Votes: 1 2.6%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so i'm considering selling the duramax. Not sure what i would get in place of it. 1 of my injectors is leaking, and we all know how expensive a fix that is. If i traded it in, I would be about 2,000 upside down. And the injectors would be about the same price. Sooo, should i trade it or just fix the injectors? keep in mind i dont have the $$ to fix the injectors right now.

Thanks

Oh and how do i start a poll???

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Go up too thread tools and you can start a poll up there.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
And I vote fix it as well.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
fix it its a great truck

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Fix it

Besides if the dealer you are trading it into knows the injectors are going out you might be more than 2k in the hole. I would have to tell them that one was bad, so they do not sell it to someone else "unknowingly" and the new owner getting stuck with footing the bill.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, poll added, keep em coming

·
Registered
376 Posts
I vote fix it. Even If you trade it for another D-max chances are your not going to get one with a built tranny like you have now. In my opinion you have spent a lot in the mods you have in your current truck to give all that up for a 2k fix.

:drink

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fix it!

You know it would be more than being 2k upside down, it is tough living with a stock LMM, I'm doing it. (because you know you'd by another Dmax). You'd own how much on the credit card for all the mods you would want to put on it. Just look at all the mods on your current truck...

PS. I won't be stock for long. I have an appointment to get my rear main (drip) fixed tomorrow. So once I'm sure there are no more needs for my warranty. Here come the mods.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know it would be more than being 2k upside down, it is tough living with a stock LMM, I'm doing it. (because you know you'd by another Dmax). You'd own how much on the credit card for all the mods you would want to put on it. Just look at all the mods on your current truck...

PS. I won't be stock for long. I have an appointment to get my rear main (drip) fixed tomorrow. So once I'm sure there are no more needs for my warranty. Here come the mods.
well i dont do credit cards, otherwise there would be alot more done haha. might have to though just to get the injectors fixed

·
Registered
62 Posts
I say fix it, if you traded on a used car you may end up with a lemon or if buying new making payments forever is no fun either.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Fix it, the LB7 is a remarkable engine, its my favorite Duramax engine. The LB7 can be built ballz to the wall, keep it and you won't regret it

·
Former GM Tech and parts
3,186 Posts
I'm thinkin if you trade it and get something else, you're lookin at about 10-15k upside down... thats what I'm thinkin with a new (to you) truck and everything... I say fix it, I just did mine last October, and I plan on doin them again the next time they give me problems... just my .02

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
FIX IT!:Smack

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Fix it. If you have really good credit you might get lucky enough to get your payments to about 500 a month at the least so your looking at four months of payments to fix your truck then you don't have to worry about monthly payments anymore. Besides that the money you're gonna spend on another truck could make yours really bad [email protected]@ if you wanted.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Fix it forsure

·
Registered
94 Posts
I also say fix it!! My theory is once you fix all the issue's you'll basically have a new truck without the payments of something newer or new. I chose that on my. Look @ my Sig.
I'll take that over a 5-6 Year Loan any day on a new truck, especially in today's economy cause you never know what tomorrow brings!! My truck isn't perfect and I have invested a bit into it but at least it's paid for and dependable. Just IMO!!

Good Luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts